Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hairspray the Movie 2007



Well well!!
I have to admit that this is a great movie.
I'm always is a fan of musical screen play especially on the musical type movie like Chicago, Dream girls, Phantom of the Opera and etc.

Hmmm~~
At first, I don't even know what actually the title of this movie is referring to. I just presume that is some sorts of movie that still ok and can consider have a watch since I had out of movie to be choose and I had nothing to do at all. Furthermore, I purchased the tickets with my fellow friend at the last minute before the show is start. In my mind, I felt I will finish it as well if the movie is bored to die and the only thing I could do is critics it until it's doesn't worth to had a watch. But after I review the poster on the wall after I purchased the ticket, I spot some of the familiar face among the casts such as Queen Latifah, Zac Efron and John Travolta. Well, It doesn’t that bad to have them in the cast, but I can’t see John’s face at the poster but his name.

When the show start, It a background of 60’s, and this little girl name Tracy Turnblad is singing throughout the opening. I was started to think that “OMG! It’s a musical type movie!” and I totally attract to the movie instantly. The wardrobe, hairstyle and the background are stunning, and the song and the cast is totally rule my sensitivity. Honestly, I really enjoy the show very much! (Wondering whether is I feel I had paid the ten buck to a worth)

So I had get the list of the song that sang by the cast in the movie as followed and probably will look for the OST:

Good Morning Baltimore
The Nicest Kids in Town
It Takes Two
The Legend of Miss Baltimore Crabs
I Can Hear the Bells
Ladies' Choice
The New Girl in Town
Welcome to the 60's
Run and Tell That
Big, Blonde and Beautiful
Big, Blonde and Beautiful (Reprise)
You're Timeless to Me
I Know Where I've Been
I Can Wait Without Love
It's Hairspray You
Can't Stop the Beat

And guess who you could recognize in the show, I hardly saw John Travolta and it’s impress me that he actually doing something that challenging in his career after I found him. I must admit that he is great. You would able to know what I mean after you have watch the show and here the starring cast.



Starring cast
·Nikki Blonsky as Tracy Edna Turnblad
·John Travolta as Edna Turnblad
·Michelle Pfeiffer as Velma von Tussle
·Christopher Walken as Wilbur Turnblad
·Amanda Bynes as Penny Lou Pingleton
·James Marsden as Cornelius "Corny" Collins
·Queen Latifah as "Motormouth" Maybelle Stubbs
·Brittany Snow as Amber Velma von Tussle
·Zac Efron as Link Matthew Larkin
·Elijah Kelley as Seaweed Joseph Stubbs
·Allison Janney as Prudence "Prudy" Pingleton
·Jerry Stiller as Mr. Pinky
·Paul Dooley as Mr. Harriman F. Spritzer
·Taylor Parks as Little Inez Stubbs

Well, the plot in the movie actually is not that hard to understand, even thou I doesn’t know what the meaning brought at first, but after you go through it and you will know what’s the message brought by this movie.

So don’t wait, go to have a watch when it’s still in cinemas nearby you. I gave it 4½ out of 5.

No comments: