Monday, September 06, 2004

Letter to my DIRECTOR...

RE: APPEAL FOR CONTINUANCE OF SCHOLARSHIP

With reference to the subject above, I would like to appeal for the continuance of my Scholarship for this semester. The requirement for continuance of the scholarship is to achieve a minimum of 65 marks for each subject or equivalent to all subjects with the grade of B+.

I believe that one of the subjects I undertook last semester had turned out with an unexpected result. I believe it may be the main reason that caused the suspension of my scholarship. The particular subject is CS228 – Advanced Programming, a subject that I like and had aim to score an A. However, the final result was disappointing.

I am aware that my overall performance in the examinations has been deteriorating but it was due to the heavy load of the activities in previous semester. I had done my best to maintain both my activities and studies so that I could fulfill the entire scholarship requirements. Regarding the plans of my years in the degree programme, I plan to contribute as much as I can during the first two years of the degree and try to maintain good performance in my studies. During my final year, I will fully focus on the studies and the final year project. My goal is to achieve first class honors degree of my study.

Moreover, my family is facing financial problems in recent months. Currently, they are financing my younger brother’s tuition fees and other expenses and thus cannot afford to finance my studies. If I am unable to get financial aid, I may have to halt my studies for one semester to relieve my parents’ financial burden.

I truly hope that my appeal will be considered. I really appreciate to your consideration and time spent on reading this letter.

Thank you.


No comments: